none
PIA installed, but can't find the OWC.dll(version 1.1) RRS feed

• Question

• hi guys,

Primary Interop Assembly are installed, but it does not work,my project can not find this refference at all.

message like this"Error 2 The type or namespace name 'Office' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are

you missing an assembly reference?)

C:\eCART\Trunk\APP\WebService\Model.cs 7 25 ECART"

but ,if i unload porject and edit the project file to change owc.dll version 1.0 to 1.1, it works.

//***************org code****************

<COMReference Include="OWC11">
          <Guid>{0002E558-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}</Guid>
          <VersionMajor>1</VersionMajor>
          <VersionMinor>1</VersionMinor>
          <Lcid>0</Lcid>
          <WrapperTool>primary</WrapperTool>
          <Isolated>False</Isolated>
        </COMReference>

// ********change to ************** 

<COMReference Include="OWC11">
          <Guid>{0002E558-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}</Guid>
          <VersionMajor>1</VersionMajor>
          <VersionMinor>0</VersionMinor>
          <Lcid>0</Lcid>
          <WrapperTool>primary</WrapperTool>
          <Isolated>False</Isolated>
        </COMReference>

then reload project, i works, no error here.

(i dont have right to post pics...)

how could i make the refference right with owc.dll version

1.1, and what happend to me??

working envirment :

vs2005 sp1,

Monday, July 14, 2014 4:11 AM

Answers

• Hello,

OWC is not supported any longer. See Office Web Components “Roadmap” for more information.

What PIAs version did you install on the PC?

Monday, July 14, 2014 12:02 PM
  • Hi,

As far as know, OCW10.dll is shipped with Office XP and OCW11.dll is shipped with Office 2003, but both of their version number are 1.0.

>> How could I make the reference right with owc.dll version?

If you have Office XP installed, you will use the OCW10.dll; if you have Office 2003 PIA installed, you will use the OCW11.dll, and you don’t need to differentiate it in the project reference version.

By the way, as Eugene mentioned, the Office Web Components technology is deprecated. This means that only security fixes are being made to all versions of OWC, and no future versions of OWC will be produced.

For more information, please refer to KB Description of the versions and support for Office Web Components (OWC).

Regards,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:39 AM

All replies

• Hello,

OWC is not supported any longer. See Office Web Components “Roadmap” for more information.

What PIAs version did you install on the PC?

Monday, July 14, 2014 12:02 PM
  • i am sure the version is correct.i and somebody else use the same install pakge

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 1:03 AM
  • Hi,

As far as know, OCW10.dll is shipped with Office XP and OCW11.dll is shipped with Office 2003, but both of their version number are 1.0.

>> How could I make the reference right with owc.dll version?

If you have Office XP installed, you will use the OCW10.dll; if you have Office 2003 PIA installed, you will use the OCW11.dll, and you don’t need to differentiate it in the project reference version.

By the way, as Eugene mentioned, the Office Web Components technology is deprecated. This means that only security fixes are being made to all versions of OWC, and no future versions of OWC will be produced.

For more information, please refer to KB Description of the versions and support for Office Web Components (OWC).

Regards,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:39 AM