none
Silent/hidden start of Outlook.EXE

Question

• I've build a console application with C# where Outlook.exe has to be stopped and started again.

I've hidden the short blink of the console window when I start the console application, but when I start Outlook 2007 this yellow - I think it's a splach screen - mark in the center of the screen shows up shortly ...

How can I prevent that short blink of that Outlook mark ?

• Edited by Ksor2 Sunday, March 06, 2016 5:56 PM
    Sunday, March 06, 2016 3:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Ksor2,

Thanks for your update.

According to your description. I think the problem is not in the Visual Studio or Outlook itself. May be the problem is in the console app you designed.

In addition, since Our forum is discussing about VS general question like how to set/configure Visual Studio and Visual Studio tools.

In order to solve this kind of issue, I suggest you'd better give a simple code and post it to the C# forum. I think you will get a better answer there for this question.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Edited by lake XiaoModerator Tuesday, March 08, 2016 1:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ksor2 Tuesday, March 08, 2016 1:32 AM
    Tuesday, March 08, 2016 1:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Ksor2,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please tell me what's the version of your Visual Studio?

First please restart your machine or close other third party programs then try it again.

In addition, please try to create a new C# console application, write a simple code then build it.

Check whether this simple console application will affect your Outlook.

1. If your Outlook.exe still be stopped and restarted. I think there is some compatibility issues between using Outlook and Visual Studio. Please install the latest update of your outlook like Outlook 2013 if possible. Then try it again.

2. If your Outlook works well when building a new created console application.

In this case, I think the problem is probably in your original console application. I suppose the code in the project affects the Outlook when building it.

To troubleshoot this kind of issue. If possible, please share us a simple code of your console application. Then I will help to look at your code and try to reproduce your issue.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, March 07, 2016 7:18 AM
  • Ha, ha, I think we misunderstands each other ;-))

My console application is by design supposed to

1) stop execution of outlook

2) copy the Outlook.pst to a backup

3) start Outlook again

and it works fine EXCEPT for the last point 3) - here this Outlook "mark" is shortly blinking on the screen - and often the user says "What was that blink there ?" - It would be nicer if the start of Outlook could be without that blinking "mark" or splash screen.

I'm using VS2008 (C#) and my Outlook is 2007 and I'm runnng the console application on both W7 and W10 and i both cases this blinking mark is coming up when Outlook starts - the point 3)

Ok, it a minor thing, but would be nice to get rid of ;-))

• Edited by Ksor2 Monday, March 07, 2016 9:23 AM
    Monday, March 07, 2016 9:22 AM
  • Hi Ksor2,

Thanks for your update.

According to your description. I think the problem is not in the Visual Studio or Outlook itself. May be the problem is in the console app you designed.

In addition, since Our forum is discussing about VS general question like how to set/configure Visual Studio and Visual Studio tools.

In order to solve this kind of issue, I suggest you'd better give a simple code and post it to the C# forum. I think you will get a better answer there for this question.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Edited by lake XiaoModerator Tuesday, March 08, 2016 1:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ksor2 Tuesday, March 08, 2016 1:32 AM
    Tuesday, March 08, 2016 1:17 AM