Can the workflow in Camano between test execution and work items be improved? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

First I want to say that Camano is awesome and that we expect to get a lot of value from using it.  That said, it seems that the workflow for a tester who is running the tests and needing to access/update task and bug work items could be improved.  Here are some questions/requirements I think would be helpful:

As a tester, when I'm doing my work -

1. I want to be able to easily update my tasks. Can Camano more obviously let me select and display a task with a test case?  So when I'm executing a test I clearly can see what task I'm working on and can easily update work and status as appropriate.

2. The "Add to Existing Bug" requires that you click the down arrow on the "Create Bug" button on the Test Steps tool bar?  This is not obvious and the wording is misleading. Couldn't it at least have its own button and be labeled something like "Update Bugs."  Also, why do I need to select a query? I already have the bug(s) linked to the test case. Can you just bring up the list of bugs already linked to the test case so I can select and update them?  It would really be nice (thinking of the check-in dialog window) if you could bring up the list and let me select which ones to close.  That's the goal isn't it?

Thank you for considering these issues.
    Bob Hardister
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 1:51 PM