none
Retaining the IP subnet RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We would like to understand if the following is possible.

We have a /24 subnet made of of around 160 physical servers hosted in our offices, we would like to virtualize and move roughly half of these into a remotely hosted Azure pack environment, however due to application constraints we cannot change the IP address or subnet on either the virtualised or physical servers, therefore is it possible to have a single subnet straddling two geographically seperate locations when one side is running azure pack.

If this was a simple physical hosting requirement I know I could use a streched VLAN, Pseudowire, L2TP tunnel, etc... to acheive this, but I am told there are some limitations either within HyperV or Azure pack that limits what can be done at layer 2.

To reconfirm, we cannot change IP or subnet and we cannot move all servers into the Azure pack.

I would welcome suggestions on if and how this can be acheived. We are open to adopting all kinds of WAN technologies or virtual machines doing tuinneling or anything else you can think of.

Thanks

Leon

Thursday, November 3, 2016 12:00 AM