none
Outlook 2010 - 14.0 (32bit) scheduled emails do not leave outbox. Non-scheduled are sent successfully and instantly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Outlook/Exchange gurus!

I wrote an app that sends some mails that are scheduled. But they did not leave the outbox at the time they are scheduled to be sent.

So I examined this further and I now have verified that not even manually sent emails leave the outbox!

There are no error msgs, the mails are simply not sent!

I tried to schedule mails many days in the future or next hours. I scheduled many emails or only a singleton. But none is sent.

The client is Winodws 7 64 bit and is in a corporate domain. The logged in account is member of the local Administrator group.

There are no problems whatsoever to send non-scheduled emails, they are sent instantly.

Are there any hotfix for Outlook 2010 or Exchange 2010 in this area?

Please advice,

QA4Ever

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 9:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• What is your code that exhibits this problem?

Does this only happen with the scheduled messages? Do regular messages go out Ok?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.3 is now available!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 2:37 PM
  • >Does this only happen with the scheduled message?  =Yes

>Do regular messages go out Ok?  = Yes

>What is your code that exhibits this problem? = It was a very simple code snippet taken from the MSDN site. But since regular (non-scheduled)  mails are sent successfully the code is not really important. Also manually scheduled mails (i.e. not program-coded) mails  fails too.

Thank you for more ideas to t-shoot and fix this problem,

QA4Ever

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 7:31 AM
  • I can only suggest opening a support case with Microsoft since both programmatically and manually sent messages exhibit this problem...

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.3 is now available!

Saturday, July 7, 2012 9:07 PM