none
hardware fundamentals for windows ce device RRS feed

• Question

• I am software engineer before , now I need to use PB 6.0 to custom the BSP for special hardware(know the development tools about several yeas ) ,

from "WinCE 6 fundamentals.pdf  " , I got lot of basic knowledge  ,but I think I got few hardware knowledge for device , so there are many area (like many driver) I don't understand , I like to be professional in WinCE(or even newest version) in the future  ,

so ,can any one tell me how can I obtain the hardware knowledge or skill for that ? if "hardware fundamentals for windows ce.pdf" exists ? 

thanks a lot and best regards,

Calvin Liu

9/30/2011

Friday, September 30, 2011 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Calvin, there is no such documentation because there are so many platforms available and variations that would make it impossible to collect all that data. What you need are data sheets of all your hardware (mainly the CPU) and start to review the register configuration of each peripheral you would like to use. Best regards, -- Mike
    Friday, September 30, 2011 3:27 PM
  • Yes,thank you for your very valuable  information , 

but what I really worry about is , what is connection between "hardware register configuration" and "windows ce platform builder setting "(or something like this ) , I am not good at it , but I think it is so important for platform custom skill .

best regards

Calvin liu

10/1/2011

Saturday, October 1, 2011 9:49 AM
  • Calvin:

In most cases there is no connection.   The connection to hardware registers is the software that you will write or modify.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Monday, October 3, 2011 12:34 PM