none
Sample drivers to implement IOCTL in KMDF Bus Driver RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to KMDF Bus Driver.But I already had experience in writing Network miniport driver using NDIS Wrapper.In the case of NDIS,we can achieve kernel-user interaction by using OID Call.But in the case of KMDF, i got the information from sites that it can be achieved by using EvtIoRead/EvtIoWrite/EvtIoDeviceControl. But,i haven't get any sample driver for clear understanding to implement. I referred Toaster Sample driver, in that i could see only the skeleton for IOCTL.So, Could anyone please tell me ,where i can get the sample driver to achieve IOCTL in KMDF.
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 7:11 AM

Answers

• the toaster sample shows the bus driver processing the IOCTLs, busmon and enum.exe sending them. what more do you need? handling ioctls / reads /writes is not that complicated.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 7:27 AM

All replies

• the toaster sample shows the bus driver processing the IOCTLs, busmon and enum.exe sending them. what more do you need? handling ioctls / reads /writes is not that complicated.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 7:27 AM
  • Hi Doron,

Thanks for your response.Actually, am trying to port the linux driver to KMDF Bus driver.In the linux, to access the firmware I used netlink interface.So, how can I achieve such case in my KMDF Bus Driver.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 8:54 AM