Forcing installation of resource packs in store apps

Question

• Hi,

I would like to install the all the resource packs included in the app package while installing it through power shell.

Now only the resource packs for language specified as default in the application manifest and the languages chosen by the user in the control panel is getting installed. 

For example, in the application i have include resources for langues English, Japanese and Chinese and the default language is chosen as Japanese. On installing the package in a system which contains only Japanese in the control panel languages, it is unable to switch the language to English while running the apps. It seems that English language is not getting added during in the installation. On checking ApplicationLanguages.ManifestLanguages, it contains only "ja" (Japanese). On installing the package in a system which contains only English in the control panel languages, it is able to switch to the languages English and Japanese while running the apps. But unable to switch to Chinese.

Is there any way to install the all the resource packs included in the app package bundle without checking the languages chosen by the user?

Regards,

Mathews

Friday, November 28, 2014 6:00 AM

Answers

• When you pack this package, at generate app bundle option , select "never". But if this app has been uploaded to store by app bundle, you can not change it to "never". Need to create a new app name for none-bundle app package.

App packaging

在現實生活中,你和誰在一起的確很重要,甚至能改變你的成長軌跡,決定你的人生成敗。 和什麼樣的人在一起,就會有什麼樣的人生。 和勤奮的人在一起,你不會懶惰; 和積極的人在一起,你不會消沈; 與智者同行,你會不同凡響; 與高人為伍,你能登上巔峰。

• Marked as answer by Mathews George Friday, November 28, 2014 9:35 AM
    Friday, November 28, 2014 6:17 AM

All replies

• When you pack this package, at generate app bundle option , select "never". But if this app has been uploaded to store by app bundle, you can not change it to "never". Need to create a new app name for none-bundle app package.

App packaging

在現實生活中,你和誰在一起的確很重要,甚至能改變你的成長軌跡,決定你的人生成敗。 和什麼樣的人在一起,就會有什麼樣的人生。 和勤奮的人在一起,你不會懶惰; 和積極的人在一起,你不會消沈; 與智者同行,你會不同凡響; 與高人為伍,你能登上巔峰。

• Marked as answer by Mathews George Friday, November 28, 2014 9:35 AM
    Friday, November 28, 2014 6:17 AM
  • Hi,

In my case,  the application is deployed using side loading and not uploaded to windows store.I have provided a comb box in the application for switching the language. My application package bundle contains resource packs for all languages.  But if the user has only Japanese in the control panel languages, he is able to switch to Japanese only in the version installed using the app package.  If I debug application using visual studio, it is able to switch to all the languages.

Thanks & regards,

Mathews

Friday, November 28, 2014 6:36 AM
  • Hi Bill Chung,

Your suggestion worked fine. Thank you

Regards,

Mathews

Friday, November 28, 2014 9:35 AM