Parameters not being passed into DataForm Webpart RRS feed

• Question

• I've been hitting my head against this for too long and am about to give up hope.

All I'm after is to pass in a parameter from InfoPath and display it in the Dataview webpart. I have a InfoPath form which is published to a Form Library. I have a aspx page with a InfoPath Form Web Part to render the xsn template. It has a Submit button on the form which has two rules attached:

1. Submit data to host via Data connection (such as ASP.NET page or hosting application).

2. Send data to webpart which has an output parameter which maps onto a field on the form ia the Property Promotion section. Parameter name is "Status".

I then publish to my form library. So far so good.

I then edit my aspx in SPD. I insert an empty DataView and select my Form library as a source.

On the datasource zone, where "insert selected fields as" I chose Single view on the default selected fields.

I add the "Status" as a Parameter with source set to None.

I then add a new data connection "Get Parameters From" -> Connect to a Web Part on this page -> InfoPath Form Web Part as "Target Web Part" and "Send Data To" as Target action.

In the Web Part Connections Wizard I can see my Status parameter in the "Columns in infoPath Form Web Part" column and my status parameter in the "Inputs to InfoPath Form" column.

I then change the XSL in the DataView Web Part to:

<xsl:template name="dvt_1.rowview">        
            <tr>
                <td>
                    <td width="25%" class="ms-vb">
                        <b>status:</b>
                    </td>
                    <td width="75%" class="ms-vb">
                        [<xsl:value-of select="$status"/>]
                    </td>
                </td>
            </tr>
        </xsl:template>

The problem I have is that no matter what I do, the DataView Web Part keeps stating "There are no items to show in this view." and doesn't display the value of my status field.

Any ideas or pointers most welcome.

Many thanks.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:47 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

I understand that you want to create a data connection between an InfoPath form web part and a data form web part. Using the property promotion to filter the data form web part.

Since you have added the control on the form to be property promotion ,you can use it the send parameter to other web part using rules. I have taken the same steps as yours to create the data connection. You still need to add a filter for the data form web part. The parameters passed to the data form web part will not be treated as filter value by default .You need to add a filter for the web part. Set the condition as Status(column in the list) equals[Status](the parameter).

You can add another column on the data form web part. Edit the formula for that column to be $Status. In this way when the parameter is passed to the data form web part ,it will show up in the view.You need to check whether the data is passed correctly.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Entan Ming Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:59 AM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 10:59 AM