none
Binary Compatibility COM Addin RRS feed

• Question

• To All

We have an Excel addin that when we recompile each time then any macro sheets loose their connection to the Add-In and we have to re reference the Addin. I believe if we set Binary compatibility then we avoid this issue. How do we go about this in Visual Studio . Net 10 using Visual Basic. Also, do we have to do this for each module in the dll or only the modules that have the functions being referenced in the macros?

Kind regards

Alan

Friday, December 10, 2010 10:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Alan,

I don’t think if we have an option for setting Binary compatibility for.Net. Since you are compiling the add-ins, version number for the DLL might be getting incremented (C# : Project->Properties->Application->Assembly->Assembly Version). This may be causing the issue. However before I probe further, I need some details from you -

Are you developing Automation add-in/ UDFs or Com add-in ? Are you using any macro code to reference/connect to your add-ins from Macro sheets?

How you are using the add-ins from macro sheet (Are you getting the add-ins object using Application.COMAddIns/ Application.AddIns or are you using the formula from your automation add-in)

Thanks - Shiv

Monday, December 27, 2010 3:06 PM

All replies

• Hello Alan,

Thanks for posting. I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support. Have a nice day.

Bessie Zhao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 13, 2010 7:45 AM
  • Hi Alan,

I don’t think if we have an option for setting Binary compatibility for.Net. Since you are compiling the add-ins, version number for the DLL might be getting incremented (C# : Project->Properties->Application->Assembly->Assembly Version). This may be causing the issue. However before I probe further, I need some details from you -

Are you developing Automation add-in/ UDFs or Com add-in ? Are you using any macro code to reference/connect to your add-ins from Macro sheets?

How you are using the add-ins from macro sheet (Are you getting the add-ins object using Application.COMAddIns/ Application.AddIns or are you using the formula from your automation add-in)

Thanks - Shiv

Monday, December 27, 2010 3:06 PM