none
WCF SAP adapter duplicate schemas RRS feed

• Question

• We've been having a lot of "fun" with the WCF SAP Adapter. Like the fact that it wants to generate a new schemas for the IDoc segements and shared types each time you run it, but gives them all the same target namespace and root node name.

For example, if you generate both a "send" and "receive" for MATMAS05, you will get these schemas:

IDoc.CREMAS05.711.3.xsd
    IDoc.CREMAS05.711.31.xsd
    IDocOperation.CREMAS05.711.3.Receive.xsd
    IDocOperation.CREMAS05.711.3.ReceiveResponse.xsd
    IDocOperation.CREMAS05.711.3.Send.xsd
    IDocOperation.CREMAS05.711.3.SendResponse.xsd
    IDocSharedTypes.xsd
    IDocSharedTypes1.xsd
    Serialization.xsd

The two "IDoc.CREMAS05*" schemas will contain identical target namespaces and root node names. So do the two IDocSharedTypes schemas. BizTalk doesn't like that too much.

Why is the adapter designed this way? How am I supposed to handle this other than deleting the duplicate schemas and editing the other schemas so they import the correct "shared" schemas?

Teddy
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 8:14 PM

Answers

• Since there is not an auto update in the wizard to generate them I find it easier to generate in a separate project, compare the old and new file for differences and make the difference by hand to the old schema. For minor changes like a new field, etc., you can usually predict how the generated schema will change. I am sure you could script the compare/change stuff although I do not know how to script the regeneration of the schema.

For major changes it can be very painful, I agree with you, it turns into a whole replacement.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:43 PM