help downloading ringtone to phone RRS feed

• Question

• User881959921 posted
    I purchased several ringtones last week for my samsung phone and can't seem to store them. A message was sent to me stating 'to get your ringtone:' and left a link. When I put the link it it didn't work. The file ends in .asp so I searched for a download that would support that kind of file. I can't can't seem to download the correct programs to open this ringtone. I downloaded .net framework 1.1, I guess that wasn't the right thing to do so I guess I need help at this point. Their are so many different types of the same program so I'm confused as to where to start. If anyone can let me know exactly what program/s I need to seach for to open this file I would really appreciate it! :) By the way I have a windows xp. ~LeeAnn
    Thursday, June 10, 2004 7:30 PM

All replies

• User604330581 posted
    Some information that may help you: 1) Ringtones are just files that your cellphone can download and install. 2) The link you were given is probably to a web server that stores the ringtones. When you visit this link in your cellphone, the server detects a phone, and sends back the ringtone file. If this is not working, you should consult the source of the ringtones - e.g. the website where you purchased the ringtones. 3) The link may not work when you visit the site in your desktop browser, because the site may detect whether the client is a phone or not. 4) The .asp file name only indicates that the web site you are linking to is written in ASP. It should not affect what you have to install yourself.
    Sunday, June 20, 2004 1:06 PM