React on change of dynamically created Tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I am working on a Sharepoint State Machine Workflow using VS 2008.
    Depending of some runtime information this Workflow should create an unknown number of Tasks. This could be realized by using the Replicator Activity that hosts a CreateTaskActivity and a Correlation Token that is bound to the Replication Activity.

Unfortunately this is only the first step for me. I now have to react on changes of any of those Tasks. Because of the Correlation Token that is bound the the Replication Activity I cannot use it toghether with the OnTaskChanged Event.
    I tried to create Correlation Tokens 'on the fly' but that resulted in a runtime error.

Do you have any idea what I can do to realize that?

Thank you in advance!
    Sunday, October 4, 2009 9:49 AM

Answers

• Hmm... while I haven't ever encountered this exact situation, you can try running a workflow when a task is added to the Task List by going to the task list and attach a workflow to run when a new item is added.

This may work depending on your situation and what goals your task need to accomplish.

If you can provide more information about what your workflow has to do and what the tasks have to do perhaps we can provide further assistance.
    Kevin
    Monday, October 5, 2009 1:36 PM

All replies