Unable to Ignore the Certificates in WebView in Windows phone 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Hi,

I am facing problem to open an secured Url(https://) in webview in Windows phone 8.1 and it is showing a blank page.

I did not find any settings in phone to allow all the secured sites.

I tried to ignore the certificates using HttpRequestMessage but there is no provision to ignore the certificates.

Ignore cerificates are possible in Httpclient but not in webview.

When I try to hit the same Url in desktop with IE11 the below content is showing and there is no provision to continue to the web page.

"There is a problem with this Website's security certificate"

Please let me know how I can find the way to ignore the certificates programmatically and to load the web view content. Is there any way to load the web view by ignoring these certificates in WP8.1 Universal apps?

Note: We don’t have any certificates to install for this Url.

Can I make a request to this secured Url using HttpClient and Ignore certificates using HttpBaseProtocolFilter() and then use the same Url to navigate to web view? webviewobj.Navigate("https://abc.com")? Please suggest me.

Thanks,

Prasanth

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 6:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Prashanth - Unfortunately, you cannot bypass the certificate error in WebView. This is a security feature designed to protect the end user.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Proposed as answer by Jamles Hez Thursday, March 12, 2015 3:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jamles Hez Wednesday, March 18, 2015 7:12 AM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 12:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Prashanth - Unfortunately, you cannot bypass the certificate error in WebView. This is a security feature designed to protect the end user.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Proposed as answer by Jamles Hez Thursday, March 12, 2015 3:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jamles Hez Wednesday, March 18, 2015 7:12 AM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 12:22 PM
  • Hi Matt,

In Android and IOS it's possible to by pass and show SSL page in UIWebView, but why not in Windows Mobile?

At least provide facility in WebView control to show conformation message for SSL page and continue, same way how Microsoft provided in IE.

• Edited by rravuri Wednesday, April 27, 2016 1:44 PM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 1:43 PM