does the new Classifieds Starter Kit make use of Linq? RRS feed

• Question

• User-581139276 posted

Does the Classifeds starter kit make use of Linq?  if not is it a hard thing to convert to using.  I downloaded the classifieds starter kit several years ago,  it appears that the one that is still available for download is the same as what I downloaded years back..   My problem is that as my classifieds site grows larger I wonder if implementing the use of a linq datasource would be much more efficent then the object datasourec that it currently uses..

any opinions would be greatly appreciated,  Also clues on the best way to implement linq would be very helpful

Thanks, 

Friday, December 18, 2009 11:02 AM

All replies

• User-122480877 posted

There is no reason to why you couldn't use LINQ.

It would be wise to use what suites you best! I would be interested in converting the current version if ease of use and performance where to improve from the kit.

I am currently working on getting the Beta classifieds kit to a stable release status so the community can once again have a trouble free and easier to use version of the kit! once this is completed I will be adding a lot of personal code to the kit to bring the site up to date with todays developers and user standards. I have also renamed the kit as My Version now has Auctions / Reverse Auctions / Sweepstakes / Donations and more all through the 1 engine. None of this Merging crap [:D]

Thursday, December 31, 2009 4:10 PM