none
Remove Outdated version dependancies from project RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Spiderhoch,

As far as I know, that all the assemblies which in Global Assembly Cache will not include to the MSI project. I think it might let you avoid your issue. And If it doesn't work, I think you need re install your VSTO runtime.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by Spiderhoch Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:44 PM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Spiderhoch,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Would you please clarify where your screen shooting comes from for further research?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Friday, July 6, 2012 4:25 AM
  • is this from setup project? expand 'detected dependencies', right click your dependency and choose 'exclude' from context menu.
    Friday, July 6, 2012 7:06 AM
  • This is my solution Explorer with my project and the setup project. I click on add files to my setup project and it will add the dll's and i plan to exclude some but I can not exclude the microsoft.office.interop.excel 12.0.0.0 dependency.

Friday, July 6, 2012 3:24 PM
  • yes this is in my setup project but i can not exclude this one since I right click on motor Excel Workbook.dll and it shows me the dependencies window. It seems to be imprinted in my code in the manifest file but how do i exclude it from my project to not see it in my setup project?
    Friday, July 6, 2012 3:31 PM
  • Hi Spiderhoch,

Do you check the reference of "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel" in your "Excel MotorStart" project, and confirm it vaild in your project? I would recommend you regist your "Micorsoft.Office.Interop.Excel" assembly to Global Assembly Cache to avoid import in the project( This is a default option as usual, I'm confused with why your platform didn't regist Office PIA in the Global Assembly Cache). It might solve your issue. If you can't regist it successfully. Please feel free to let me know.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Monday, July 9, 2012 5:54 AM
  • I'm sorry, can you simplify what you just said? I did not understand much of the steps In what you wanted me to try. I kinda bagged the idea of using setup project now but now using click once and not seeing any problems with that. but I reckon that the reference is still there.
    Monday, July 9, 2012 2:19 PM
  • Hi Spiderhoch,

As far as I know, that all the assemblies which in Global Assembly Cache will not include to the MSI project. I think it might let you avoid your issue. And If it doesn't work, I think you need re install your VSTO runtime.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Spiderhoch Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:44 PM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:02 AM