Retarget app to Windows 8.1 in Visual Studio 2013

Question

• Hello,

I wanted to upload an app to the store and installed an sdk and did what I have to do. After reboot, i got the following error:

Cannot resolve 'Windows.metadata'.  Please install the Windows Software Development Kit. You can retarget your project to Windows 8.1. The Windows 8.1 SDK is installed with Visual Studio. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=278967&clcid=0x409 for more information on how to retarget your project

*note* I get this error in EVERY project now, so I can't work on anything now! 

So i did what was asked from me and re-installed the SDK. (i also followed the steps seen in the link provided by VS2013) Now i want to retarget my project to 8.1, only to see it already is in 8.1. Also, Visual studio 2013 doesn't give me the option to press retarget project  (also no greyed out texts or anything).

Please help me solve this problem fast, since i'm unable to do anything now.

Thanks in advance, 

Rudi Jansen.

• Moved by Caillen Monday, August 11, 2014 8:25 AM
    Friday, August 08, 2014 8:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Proliges,

If you have not solved this problem, please try repair .NET Framework using the following tool. http://www.microsoft.com/en-hk/download/details.aspx?id=30135. Reboot your computer and try your app project again.

If it doesn’t work, please post the whole error message here. It can help us to know what happen.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Rudi,

Widows Store App forum is the right place for your question. So I'm helping you to move it here.

You'll get more valuable answers from Windows Store App developers.

Thanks for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, August 11, 2014 8:26 AM
  • Hi Proliges,

If you have not solved this problem, please try repair .NET Framework using the following tool. http://www.microsoft.com/en-hk/download/details.aspx?id=30135. Reboot your computer and try your app project again.

If it doesn’t work, please post the whole error message here. It can help us to know what happen.

Regards,

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:23 AM