none
Push Notifications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone!

I'm build a web app that is going to be receiving email notifications everytime a new Email arrives at a pre-determined mailbox (subscribe to a mailbox).

From what i've seen there are 2 API's that could be possible to implement, Graph API and Outlook API and my question: should I use Graph or Outlook API?

Thanks

• Moved by Steve Fan Tuesday, November 28, 2017 5:42 AM relocate
    Monday, November 27, 2017 11:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Peixe,

Welcome to the Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Outlook forum. This forum focuses more on non-programming questions and feedback related to Microsoft Outlook. Since your question is more related to Graph or Outlook API, I'll move it to a more appropriate forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=outlookdev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 5:42 AM
  • Hi Peixe Cozido,

Microsoft recommends using the Microsoft Graph whenever possible. The Microsoft Graph APIs include more features than just Outlook-related APIs, including OneDrive and Active Directory. Choosing the Microsoft Graph endpoints allows your app to get an access token that can provide access to both Outlook data and other resources, without having to make multiple token requests.

However, there are some features that are either only available on the Outlook endpoint, or are only in beta on the Microsoft Graph. If your app needs these features, you should choose the Outlook endpoints.

Reference:

Compare the Microsoft Graph and Outlook REST API endpoints

Choosing your API endpoint

Outlook REST API vs Microsoft Graph

Office 365 Graph API or Outlook API?

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 5:19 AM
  • Hi Peixe Cozido,

I can see that after creating this thread, you did not done any follow up on this issue.

is your issue is solved?

if yes, I suggest you to post your solution and mark it as an answer.

if your issue is still exist then try to refer the suggestions given by the community members.

if you have any further questions then let us know about that.

we will try to provide further suggestions to solve the issue.

this thread is still open and will remain open until you mark the answer.

so please try to update the status of the issue on this thread and take appropriate action to keep this forum healthy and helpful.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 8:20 AM