Blend 4 Beta - New Project shows empty dialog RRS feed

• Question

• I know this issue has been experienced by other people out there.  Hopefully some of you have found a solution to this issue. 

I have Blend 4 beta installed over Expression Studio 4 on a x64 machine.  If I open blend and try to start a new project I have no options presented for project types, so it is impossible to create a new project of any type.  Here's the screenshot:

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 1:41 AM

Answers

• I believe the version you installed only supports the Win8 application types, which can only be authored on a Win8 installation. All other functionality is included in the VS11 beta itself.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 3:59 PM
  • Well, that sounds like a reasonable explanation.  Thanks Chuck.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 6:27 PM

All replies

• What do you mean by Blend 4 beta? Do you mean the preview release for SL5 support? What version number?
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 1:35 PM
  • Sorry - I thought that's what it was called.  Unfortunately I uninstalled it until I could find an answer so I can't give you a version number.  However, it is the copy that was released as part of the VS11 beta release last week.  I believe it is installed alongside VS11 and it shows on the IDE as "Blend for Visual Studio" if I recall correctly.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 2:13 PM
  • Ok, that helps, I wasn't quite sure what version you were referring to.

Is this on Win7 or Win8 CP?

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 2:15 PM
  • Win 7 Ultimate, installed on top of an existing install of Expression Studio 4 Ultimate.  It was installed as part of the VS11 intall itself.

...and thanks Chuck for taking the time to help figure this out.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 3:27 PM
  • I believe the version you installed only supports the Win8 application types, which can only be authored on a Win8 installation. All other functionality is included in the VS11 beta itself.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 3:59 PM
  • Well, that sounds like a reasonable explanation.  Thanks Chuck.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 6:27 PM