none
Same SSIS package shows different connection in other server RRS feed

• Question

• I copied PROD .dtsx file to DEV  when i opened up in Visual Studio SSDT the connection are pointing to DEV instead of PROD. 

I am positive i am using PROD version.  what is wrong  i am doing here?

Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:39 PM

All replies

• Hi shan2008,

You can use project level connections in SSIS.

This way connections won't be SSIS package dependent.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:09 PM
  • Scope is packages level , Old method BIDS ,  no matter it should show prod connection when i opened up in VS2017 SSDT  but not sure what is going on .. i have no understanding how it gets DEV version. 

Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:23 PM
  • Scope is packages level , Old method BIDS ,  no matter it should show prod connection when i opened up in VS2017 SSDT  but not sure what is going on .. i have no understanding how it gets DEV version. 

Maybe the connection manager is created at the project level, its server name is localhost, points to the same database name. Please see the connections of connection manager in package design.

Package level and project level connection managers

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 11, 2019 6:24 AM
  • Thanks will.  we don't use localhost and all the connections are pointing to DEV when i opened up the PROD SSIS package in the development server that i don't understand , but i can open the same packages on other server it is pointing to correct server that is prod.
    Friday, October 11, 2019 3:45 PM
  • Hi shan2008,

Is your connection parameterized?

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Friday, October 11, 2019 5:31 PM
  • Thanks will.  we don't use localhost and all the connections are pointing to DEV when i opened up the PROD SSIS package in the development server that i don't understand , but i can open the same packages on other server it is pointing to correct server that is prod.

Could you please show us Connection Managers panel of that package? Haven't seen the details of your package, it's hard for us to figure out the reason of the issue.

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:05 AM