none
How to set alarm as a msgbox when each activity start RRS feed

All replies

• Mohamed Atef Kh,

Sorry but your request is much to general to be able to give any kind of meaningful feedback. Try using a few more words to describe exactly what you would like to do.

John

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 6:33 PM
  • I want MS project to alarm me when the next activity starts
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 9:23 AM
  • Mohamed Atef Kh,

Wow, are you  being charged by the word or what? What you provided is not what I asked (i.e. exact detailed description of your need). For example, "next activity start" relative to the current date, or what?

You say you want an "alarm" and you mentioned a MsgBox. When are you expecting that message to pop up, when you open the file, when you close the file, or at random or specified times during the day?

Are you expecting this "alarm" to pop up even if you don't have Project open?

Your request is so vague, there is simply no possible answer given the lack of information.

If you expect us to spend our time helping you, you need to invest some time requesting our help.

John

Thursday, February 13, 2020 4:58 PM
  • I need a macro to do this 

when Computer clock = the start date of the active project 

show a message box : "task with name : …….   starts now "

and john, you are actually the one who investing in answering us, without our questions you have no investment

please be more polite next time you answer this 

Monday, February 17, 2020 11:59 AM
  • Mohamed Atef Kh,

I'm sorry if you are offended by my responses. For reference, those of us who respond on this forum are volunteers. We do not work for nor are we associated with Microsoft so our "investment" is our time which we give freely. The investment in time is a two way street. Users who ask for help must understand that we do not know what they are thinking, they need to explain the question/issue in sufficient detail so a "third party" (us) can understand and attempt to help. To often I feel like a dentist, I have to "pull teeth" to get sufficient information so I can understand and help. That is very frustrating.

In this specific post the initial description was not nearly adequate to attempt a meaningful response. The second post was unfortunately no better. Even with the most recent post I still don't fully understand what you want. I'm sure it is very clear to you, but as that "third party", it doesn't make a lot of sense. You say that you want a pop-up message box when the current date equals the active project start date. By default that will be the first task in the plan and that will happen exactly one time, so what reason is there for a pop-up message?

Are you perhaps looking for something like this? When the project file is opened, a macro compares the current date with all the task start dates and flags those that are scheduled to start within say, the next 5 days?

John
    Monday, February 17, 2020 5:12 PM
  • I have to say I'm with John here, we all give our time for free, and without us Mr Mohamed Atef Kh, you have no community and no free answers.  Interestingly there used to be a feature in Microsoft Project called Alerts, but I think it last worked back in 2003...

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Monday, February 17, 2020 8:48 PM