none
Need Help with Copying Student Enrollment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working with an Access Web App. I have my tables and relationships set up, as shown in the picture attached. When I create a new class, I have to manually enter all students who are enrolled. Let's say I have a class one semester with 15 students, and the next semester those same 15 students will be enrolled in a new class. Is there a way to copy one class enrollment into a new class enrollment (from within the web app interface) without entering everything manually? 

Thank you.

https://postimg.org/image/gncjg0swp/

https://postimg.org/image/t3dunibmh/

https://postimg.org/image/cgwaefiop/

• Edited by caballar1 Monday, January 16, 2017 6:19 PM
    Monday, January 16, 2017 6:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suppose you should be able to create a macro to loop through the records in the table and then create a new record for each student in the next class.

Just a thought...

• Edited by .theDBguy Monday, January 16, 2017 6:36 PM
    Monday, January 16, 2017 6:36 PM
  • Hi caballar1,

with the use of interface currently no any option is available for that.

but if you are trying to add same records then you can fire an append query.

other way is already suggested by .theDBguy to use macro.

here I have some question.

are you going to add a new records for same students?

if the records are already available then you can modify it as per your requirement.

I don't think it is good idea to generate duplicate records.

instead of that you can try to redesign your db properly to avoid the duplication and only add the data in the future that are necessary to add.

Regards

Deepak 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 2:29 AM
  • Thank you, I was thinking the same thing.
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:36 PM
  • Thanks, Deepak.

I would be adding a new enrollment record for students in the new class. So the student table would stay the same, but the enrollments table would be updated with a new record, if that makes sense.

• Edited by caballar1 Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:38 PM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:37 PM
  • Thank you, I was thinking the same thing.

Give it a try and let us know if you get stuck. Good luck!
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:53 PM
  • Hi caballar1,

if your issue is solved then please mark the suggestion as an answer which helped you to solve your issue.

it will help us to close this case.

otherwise it will remain open.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 2:55 AM