none
[E2013] [OWA][C#][Windows version]Message class in "View source code" missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

in OWA 2010, when I opened a message and then used "View source code" I could find this string :
     oPage.declareSubPageVariable("a_sT", "IPM.Note", VARIABLE_SCOPE_SUBPAGE); 
    in OWA 2013 I am unable to find it through "View source code" (neither using IE, Chrome or Firefox).

We need it, because our application is checking if opened message is IPM.Note or IPM.Note.Something and changing it behavior based on it .

Is it possible to find this variable anywhere in OWA 2013 ? Or is there any way, how to add it there ?

Thanks in advance

Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:39 PM

All replies

• Are you searching for the whole string "oPage.declareSubPageVariable("a_sT", "IPM.Note", VARIABLE_SCOPE_SUBPAGE);" or just "IPM.Note"? Maybe they just changed the name of some of the other variables? I don't have access to E2013 every day, so I can't really check what the page source looks like. If you could post an example of what you're getting now, it might help.

blog.leederbyshire.com

Monday, April 29, 2013 11:00 AM
  • We just need to find"IPM.Note" or "IPM.something" in page source . In OWA 2010, it was there, in that string I posted . In OWA 2013, IPM.Note is nowhere to be found - (we tried searching for it) . I am more curious, if there's any way, how to get that information to page source or somehow to find it.

Monday, April 29, 2013 11:25 AM
  • Wel,, I don't have E2013 in front of me today, but there are lots of similarities with E2010. In E2010, the Exchange libraries make the variable ItemClassName available to the OWA scripts, and if we're lucky, it'll still be there in E2013. See if you can find a file named readmessage.ascx in an owa/forms/premium folder. If it's there, try adding this line just after all the <%@ Import NameSpace lines

<% Response.Write(ItemClassName); %>

Naturally, you should save your original readmessage.ascx, if you actually have that file. If you don't see the file, we'll have to work out which file is used to create the read message display.

blog.leederbyshire.com

Monday, April 29, 2013 11:48 AM
  • I found this thread http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangeserverpreview/thread/8feb1bb7-7865-4abe-b4c4-492d7d46b51e/ - basically it's the same we need to do - customize OWA in a way, that it reacts to our, special classes in a way we can specify. That post is from November 2012 - do you know if MS made any progress in this way ? Because Exchange is loading our registry.xml file in custom forms, but he is not using them - he just loads them ... any ideas ?
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:02 AM
  • I don't know, but this suggests that they do not intend to do it:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/exchange/dd877032(v=exchg.150).aspx

blog.leederbyshire.com

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:01 PM