SQL Server 2005 Security from ground level RRS feed

• Question

• Hello evryone,

I need documentation for SQL Server 2005 Security from ground level. Anybody has got documents or URL's on security please share with me. My email is zub4u1@hotmail.com.

Quick response will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:15 PM

Answers

• Start with:

Keep Bad Guys at Bay with the Advanced Security Features in SQL Server 2005

SQL Server 2005: Security and Protection

SQL is only as secure as the environment it runs in.  You need to really dig through the online documentation that exists in the SQL Server 2005: Security and Protection site to really get a good idea of what all it takes to run a secure SQL Server environment.  Some basics are, run SQL on a dedicated server, and disable all non-needed services.  Run SQL under a low priviledge user with the minimum necessary rights granted to it.  Only grant the least necessarry access to database users and logins to do the job needing done.  Use View and stored procedures for accessing data, and don't grant any table direct access to any user.

The list can go on and on.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:16 PM

All replies

• Start with:

Keep Bad Guys at Bay with the Advanced Security Features in SQL Server 2005

SQL Server 2005: Security and Protection

SQL is only as secure as the environment it runs in.  You need to really dig through the online documentation that exists in the SQL Server 2005: Security and Protection site to really get a good idea of what all it takes to run a secure SQL Server environment.  Some basics are, run SQL on a dedicated server, and disable all non-needed services.  Run SQL under a low priviledge user with the minimum necessary rights granted to it.  Only grant the least necessarry access to database users and logins to do the job needing done.  Use View and stored procedures for accessing data, and don't grant any table direct access to any user.

The list can go on and on.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:16 PM
  • Thanks alot Jonathen
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:42 PM