How to change TeamServices login account? RRS feed

• Question

• I erroneously used my company email address as the login address for my personal TeamServices account. My personal TeamServices account is my name. I won't (necessarily) forever be able to login using my company email account?

I know how I could Change Owner but the account is still "backed by" my company's Azure Active Directory.

I want to regain full control of my firstnameLastname.VisualStudio.com account and put it under the control of my hotmail account.

It would be fine to delete firstnameLastname.VisualStudio.com as long as I could recreate it using my hotmail address.

How do put firstnameLastname.VisualStudio.com back under my personal control?

Friday, April 7, 2017 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Kflorian,

According to your post, you're using Visual Studio Team Service(VSTS). This forum is for on-premises TFS, I help you move this case to VSTS forum for dedicated help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 8:12 AM
  • I would suggest you open Technical Troubleshooting Ticket as this information need to be tracked for account owner\user change.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:57 AM
  • Hi,

try below though point 3 is bit confusing, extract from disconnect-your-team-services-account-from-your-directory

--------------------

Disconnect your Team Services account from your directory

To stop using your organization's directory and return to signing in with Microsoft accounts, you can disconnect your Team Services account from your directory.

You'll need:

• Microsoft accounts for all users in your Team Services account, including yourself as Team Services account owner

• Team Services account ownership for your Microsoft account

• Global administrator permissions in your Azure AD for your Microsoft account as the Team Services account owner. You'll need both because Azure AD users can't disconnect Team Services accounts from directories. You can add Microsoft accounts to a directory as external users. Learn about managing Azure administrators.

- Vins

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:11 PM