Crash Report ID RRS feed

• Question

• 

Does anyone know what the Report Id is?

Renee

"MODERN PROGRAMMING is deficient in elementary ways BECAUSE of problems INTRODUCED by MODERN PROGRAMMING." Me

Thursday, November 21, 2013 12:00 AM

Answers

• Scratch my last post. I think it has something to do with the definition of ReportID "Gets or sets the ID of the report to download" in this link DownloadReportDefinitionRequest.ReportId Property but not as used by that link and then this Guid Structure which looks similar to the ReportID's string in your post.

Ah, think I found something here Event ID 1001: Windows Error Reporting and down the page in a table it says

"Report Id - String, GUID or timestamp - The unique ID of the report. For application crashes, you can use this value to correlate the 1001 event with the 1000 event or the 1002 event.

For kernel reports, this is a minidump-style time stamp.

Otherwise, this is usually a GUID."

Also this information.

"The 1001 event is logged by the Windows Error Reporting infrastructure for all  reports (for example, application crashes, hangs, and generic reports). The event contains a summary of the report's signatures, Windows Error Reporting bucket information, and other fields that describe the state of the report. This event  is logged in the Application event log. Event 1001 is logged at any time the report transitions state (that is, goes to the queue and comes out of the queue). Thus, it is possible to see multiple 1001 events for the same report."

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 5:41 AM

All replies

• Scratch my last post. I think it has something to do with the definition of ReportID "Gets or sets the ID of the report to download" in this link DownloadReportDefinitionRequest.ReportId Property but not as used by that link and then this Guid Structure which looks similar to the ReportID's string in your post.

Ah, think I found something here Event ID 1001: Windows Error Reporting and down the page in a table it says

"Report Id - String, GUID or timestamp - The unique ID of the report. For application crashes, you can use this value to correlate the 1001 event with the 1000 event or the 1002 event.

For kernel reports, this is a minidump-style time stamp.

Otherwise, this is usually a GUID."

Also this information.

"The 1001 event is logged by the Windows Error Reporting infrastructure for all  reports (for example, application crashes, hangs, and generic reports). The event contains a summary of the report's signatures, Windows Error Reporting bucket information, and other fields that describe the state of the report. This event  is logged in the Application event log. Event 1001 is logged at any time the report transitions state (that is, goes to the queue and comes out of the queue). Thus, it is possible to see multiple 1001 events for the same report."

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 5:41 AM
  • Hi Renee,

Since we haven't heard from you for a long time, I temporarily close this case. I mark useful reply as answer. If you have any concerns, please free feel to reopen it or submit a new question.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Franklin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 28, 2013 12:37 PM
  • There a reason for that. I had a crash on my system SSD and I restored my system disk. Monkeyboy's fine answer did not get to me. Thank you!!!!

Renee

"MODERN PROGRAMMING is deficient in elementary ways BECAUSE of problems INTRODUCED by MODERN PROGRAMMING." Me

Thursday, November 28, 2013 12:43 PM