Data Factory Version 2 u-SQL Activity RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone point me to a really good how to guide for the U-SQL Activity in Data Factory V2. One with Proper Screen shots of How the U-SQL Script gets added and set up i the Pipeline. All I can find is information for V1 which isnt helping. 

Debbie

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 3:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• This is the documentation for U-SQL activity in ADF v2.

Transform data by running U-SQL scripts on Azure Data Lake Analytics

For ADF UI guides, you can find similar steps in this spark tutorial. Transform data in the cloud by using a Spark activity in Azure Data Factory

• Proposed as answer by Jason_J (Azure) Wednesday, December 19, 2018 4:56 AM
    Wednesday, December 19, 2018 2:06 AM
  • Ive been attempting to use this but Ive found it really unhelpful for the next steps

I added the Data Lake Analytics Linked Service. I set up Server Principal authentication

The Data Lake Anaytics -USQL Activity simply shows you the JSON Script. I need to see screen shots on how you set up the copy activity in the V2 pipeline. How it links to other things etc

Debbie

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 1:56 PM
  • This doc: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/tutorial-control-flow-portal#create-a-pipeline shows how to append another activity.

This doc https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/tutorial-copy-data-portal shows how to add a copy activity.

What's your requirement btw?

• Marked as answer by Debbie Edwards Thursday, December 20, 2018 9:18 AM
    Thursday, December 20, 2018 1:56 AM
  • They are great. Thank you. 

Still nothing specifically for a u-SQL activity though. Im currently working through a u-SQL guide in Visual Studio to see if that will help me get a more in-depth understanding before moving into Data Factory.

Im guessing the source and Destination are actually declared in the u-SQL Script rather than the U-SQL Activity

Im doing a straight copy activity from An Azure SQL Database into a Data Lake, Taking yesterdays modified data. Each file is placed in a folder Year / Month / Day. I then want to do a U-SQL Activity to take the same data from the Azure SQL Data base and move into the data lake but using U-SQL to aggregate the sales for that day.

This isnt a real life situation, its just going to be something I can show everyone to see how it all works

These are great reads and really useful

Debbie

Thursday, December 20, 2018 9:16 AM