Windows metro style UI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm fond of the new UI of windows. The Windows 8 metro style. And I noticed effects that i wanted to apply also on my future projects.

What I really want to know is how could I create a form like windows phone. 

I don't know what do they call it. The one that has sliding effects. for example if I pressed a button then the result would push the current form from the right and reveal the selected form. 

Did you get it?

I'm planning to this plainly on VB.net. Not yet in WPF + c#. I'm having hard times with the huge adjustment from VB.net controls and WPF controls, their properties are way too different.

If any of you guys can help me with this one it would be highly appreciated.

or

If you didn't quite get what I'm pointing at just say so and I'll try to say it more clearer.

Regards,

Dennis Jersey Claveria

• Edited by clakids Saturday, March 10, 2012 3:11 AM
    Saturday, March 10, 2012 3:09 AM

Answers

• Dennis,

Windows forms is a presentation way, forms is not an equivalent for VB (that was the case when there was no Internet, no visual phone etc.).

However, read this page for a better understanding (one of those is that you need to have Windows 8 or the preview). 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/br211384.aspx

Success
    Cor

• Marked as answer by clakids Monday, April 22, 2013 1:47 AM
    Monday, March 12, 2012 7:50 AM