none
Can Biztalk orchestration published as WCF Service be called by Ajax on web client?

Question

• I have a Biztalk orchestration published as a WCF Service by Biztalk WCF Service Publishing Wizard

(Biztalk Server 2009)

and I have called the service on web client side with code behind without any problem

(Asp.net and Visual Studio 2005 since this is an old project).

My question is, is it possible to call this WCF Service with Ajax? Would this WCF Service be Ajax enabled? 

Has any one done that before? Would VS 2005 be a problem?

Thanks in advance!

Ben

• Moved by Ben Cline1Moderator Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:57 PM General in nature (From:BizTalk Server Adapters and Adapter Pack)
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 3:29 PM

All replies

• A WCF service just receives a message and is returning another message as answer. So why should this not be useable with AJAX?

Could you explain what your concern is and why you think that a WCF service shouldn't be useable via an ASP.NET / AJAX application?

If you like my post or consider it as a valid answer, please use the buttons to show me - Oliver

http://biztalk.hauth.me

Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:42 PM
  • My concern is, how to enable the the wcf service(biztalk orchestration) generated by Biztalk wcf service publishing wizard to support Ajax call, i.e. how to add an appropriate ASP.NET Ajax endpoint to the client side and server side of the wcf configuration.

Is there an example anywhere? Has any one done it before?

Thanks Oliver!

Ben

Most Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services may be exposed as a service compatible with ASP.NET AJAX by adding an appropriate ASP.NET AJAX endpoint.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb412167.aspx

Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:13 PM
  • I moved the thread to BizTalk general because I think you will get a better response here.
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:58 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Did you find a sample to create Biztalk WCF which is consumable by AJAX?

Bhaswar

Sunday, May 14, 2017 7:05 PM
  • By nature BizTalk is asynchronous

You can make request/response calls but delays can be expected during periodes with high load
    Even a one minute delay can feel like forever on the web

For a web app some sort of a queue system might be more appropriate

rgds /Peter

Monday, May 15, 2017 9:33 AM
  • Did you find a sample to create Biztalk WCF which is consumable by AJAX?

The thing is, there is nothing preventing you from calling a BizTalk hosted service, any variety, from any client.

If you are having a specific problem, please start a new thread.  I'm sure we can address it.

Monday, May 15, 2017 11:38 AM