none
Linked object error: The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or returned an unknown error RRS feed

• Question

• I linked a pdf as object in powerpoint. For that I wend to insert-> Object and there I select Create from file I select the pdf file and I check Link checkbox.

As soon as I press OK button I get the error I put as title. I try to found what was the error and I found some solutions:

Open the run window and do the following:

1. regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\ole32.dll

2. In the RegSvr32 dialog box, click OK.

3. Restart the computer.

I also saw in some forums that reinstalling the pdf reader that they have the problem used to be solved. But no one of those solutions works for me I still have the same error.

EDIT

I saw that this error is happening even if I try with any type of files so is not pdf error is a linked object error. 

• Edited by EZKUR Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:33 PM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 8:37 AM

Answers

• Hi EZKUR,

I have tried to insert a pdf file into PowerPoint, but I cannot reproduce your issue.

My test environment:

1.       Windows 8 Enterprise(64-bit), Office 2013(32-bit)

2.       Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit), Office 2010(64-bit)

I found an possible answer for this issue from Microsoft Community.

If this no help, I recommend you to repost your question on Office 2010 - IT Pro General Discussions or Office 2013 and Office 365 ProPlus - IT Pro General Discussions for more effective response.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:52 PM

All replies

• Hi EZKUR,

I have tried to insert a pdf file into PowerPoint, but I cannot reproduce your issue.

My test environment:

1.       Windows 8 Enterprise(64-bit), Office 2013(32-bit)

2.       Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit), Office 2010(64-bit)

I found an possible answer for this issue from Microsoft Community.

If this no help, I recommend you to repost your question on Office 2010 - IT Pro General Discussions or Office 2013 and Office 365 ProPlus - IT Pro General Discussions for more effective response.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:52 PM
  • In the possible answer that you found they are talking about embedded pdf files. Is not my case, it happens with every type of files and when I try to insert them as objects and using the link checkbox, so they are linked objects. Anyway thanks for the reply, I will try in the forum that you told me.
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 10:46 AM