none
Calling SOAP web services RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Could you please give me some hints on how to call web services form WFM WFs? Especially I have a service that has message security with certificate client credentials. Normally I'd use Send activity and specify config section with proper endpoint configuration, but with WFM I do not see how it can be done.

The WFM documentation has a phrase "The .NET 4 Framework Send & ReceiveReply activities can be used for SOAP-based messaging, although custom code is required"

I'd appreciate if someone can clarify this question.

Regards.

Sunday, March 24, 2013 11:17 PM

Answers

• I created an AsyncCodeActivity for each of the web service method calls with some abstract base class to handle common tasks. The base class initializes all required security settings and behaviors in ChannelFactory. The settings come from WorkflowManager configuration.

So it looks like my problem is solved.

I was thinking of extending .config file but dismissed the idea as in multi tenant environment it would be problematic.

• Edited by adnecs Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by adnecs Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:54 AM
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:54 AM

All replies

• What have you tried so far?  Have you tried using a Send activity and configuring the EndpointConfigurationName property?  You might be able to modify the *.config file in the Program Files directory to specify the client credentials that you want.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:39 PM
  • I created an AsyncCodeActivity for each of the web service method calls with some abstract base class to handle common tasks. The base class initializes all required security settings and behaviors in ChannelFactory. The settings come from WorkflowManager configuration.

So it looks like my problem is solved.

I was thinking of extending .config file but dismissed the idea as in multi tenant environment it would be problematic.

• Edited by adnecs Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by adnecs Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:54 AM
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:54 AM