New Browser called 'Brave' - VSTS sign-in loop RRS feed

• Question

• I've just been trying out a new browser called 'Brave'.

So far the only thing I'm having any trouble with is VSTS. Even though I'm signed-in on the 'My Information' page, and I can see the VSTS account that I want to use (and can see that I'm the 'Owner'), if I click on the link I get to a sign-in page. That's fine, but when I put in my details I end up in a sign-in loop no matter how many times I enter my details.

I've checked that 3rd-party cookies are enabled, I can sign into other sites (GitHub etc), just having the problem with VSTS.

Has anyone else had any success with this new browser?

Yann Duran - Co-Author of Pro Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011 - Author of the "A Reluctant Web Developer" Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2017 9:17 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft forums. We are pleased to answer your query.

We are checking on the query and will get back to you soon on this.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Regards,
    Swikruti

Sunday, January 8, 2017 2:31 PM
  • Hello,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

We are not sure about the “Brave” browser.

Sometimes we run into similar issues with other browsers and the fix is to:

1. Sign out completely:  aka.ms/vssignout
    2. Start up the browser inprivate/incognito mode
    3. Sign back in

More Information Browsers:

You can use these browsers with Visual Studio Team Services and to access TFS with the web client.

Edge, Firefox, and Chrome automatically update themselves, so Team Services and TFS support the most recent version.

Reference: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/docs/setup-admin/requirements

I hope that the reply will assist you in getting your query addressed. In case you require further assistance, please do reply to the thread as we are always available to your queries.

Regards,
    Swikruti

If a post answers your question, please click Mark as Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:10 PM
  • Thanks Swikruti. I'll give it a try later, and come back with the result.

Yann Duran - Co-Author of Pro Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011 - Author of the "A Reluctant Web Developer" Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:42 PM