I’m happy to announce the release of the latest version of the Impinj Device Provider (IDP) for Microsoft BizTalk RFID for Speedway Revolution and Speedway readers.
Highlights from the IDP 1.2 release
- Support for capability differences between Speedway reader models
- Increased capabilities for handling regulatory region-specific features through BizTalk RFID
- Ability to report disconnected antennas and mark them as system disabled in BizTalk RFID
- Ability to use the reader or Biztalk server timestamp – useful for situations where people do not want to manage time on readers or where NTP is not available
- Compatibility with the latest versions of Microsoft BizTalk RFID including 2009 R2
IDP v1.2 can be downloaded from the Impinj support portal: http://www.impinj.com/support
For more information about Impinj’s UHF Gen 2 RFID Speedway Revolution Reader, visit: http://www.impinj.com/products/reader-speedway-rev.aspx
- Changed type Andrew_ZhuModerator Friday, February 12, 2010 3:27 AM
We have Biztalk RFID server 2010 and a speedway reader R420 running v126.96.36.199 FW.
We are attempting to subytype the MS RFID DeviceProvider and DeviceProxy C# classes to implement the Impinj Vendor extensions such as RSSI and Phase to determine tag direction. What is IDP 1.2? Does this do this for us? We have the Octane SDK and we unable to use it within Biztalk. The ms llrp hooked right up to the speedway reader but obviously not able to see the vendor extensions.
Impinj has released another update to their Impinj Device Provider (IDP ver 2.0) for the Speedway Revolution reader (R420, R220) and xPortal (R640) used with BizTalk RFID 2009 and 2010.
This requires use of reader firmware 4.8.0 or higher.
- Device discovery
- Robust connection monitoring with fast reconnect using Octane LLRP Keep Alive and Link Monitoring capability
- Enhanced handling and reporting of antenna disconnection events
Reporting of Serialized TID using Monza® FastID™
- Reporting of Impinj Peak RSSI for increased RSSI precision
- Ability to automatically read additional data from specified memory banks during inventory using Impinj’s Optimized Read capability
- Support for Impinj Advanced GPO Configuration including the ability to pulse the GPO for a specific amount of time