none
Windows Application Development RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I recently done one project using Wince 7 , that is rail-tester application to find flaw detection. 

I am creating rail-tester windows application with the help of wince 7 and msdn windows application functions. 

And  test the application(.exe) with Colibri T20 evaluation board the application not responding   after some time.

When i am closing this application takes long time to close. 

And i use create file function for creating new files with specified interval(Sleep(5)) of time. When close that application the file takes long time to close.

And this application takes the whole processor.

Is there any function for reduce the software upsets and use the particular processor.

Friday, April 28, 2017 9:33 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I created one window application(.exe) , The size of the application is 1.13 MB.

And i run into the evaluation board after some time the specified application is not responding.

I am making this application for testing purpose. Due to this not response  of this application i want to reboot the system.

so, is there any way to avoid application(.exe) from the struggle.

I am using,

WinCE7 and MSDN functions. 

Friday, April 28, 2017 10:44 AM
  • Hi Vinovigi,

Your statement about sleeping does not make sense to me so I suspect you have a design issue with your application.  Are you able to push some of the file work onto separate thread so your main thread does not sleep?

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Friday, April 28, 2017 9:15 PM
  • Hi,

Actually, what happen my application is working some amount of time after i am trying to close that application it's struggle 

or not  responding, is there any way  for recover from software upsets.

And also the main theme of this application is used to draw the graph with respect of value. so when i am monitoring that graph window after some times it is not responding or change, i know from that error came from software itself.

I want idea for to recover the application from the software upsets.

Thank you.

Saturday, April 29, 2017 9:42 AM
  • Frist of all you should check that you are running the lastest version of our image/BSP so all known issues are solved or documented.

Can you describe your application in a bit more detail or, even better, provide a small code sample that reproduces the issue?

thank you

Valter Minute<br/> Windows Embedded MVP<br/> http://geekswithblogs.net/WindowsEmbeddedCookbook<br/>

Saturday, April 29, 2017 9:45 AM
  • Hi vinovigi,

If you put your work into another thread it will keep your main thread open to be responsive.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Saturday, April 29, 2017 7:07 PM
  • Hi Vinovigi,

Were you able to solve your issue?  Are you using the Toradex device with their latest BSP?

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 4:47 PM
  • I proposed IoTGirl's reply as the answer because well written GUI applications should always do complex tasks in separate threads.  This allows the GUI thread to be responsive to users, which is very important.  It also allows your application to monitor the threads.

Further, you should monitor resource usage, it is possible that you have a memory leak.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman
    I work for Eurotech

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 2:20 PM