MF_TOPONODE_MAJORTYPE value of RRS feed

• Question

• There is an error text that says

Activate failed to create mediasink. Call OutputNode::GetUINT32(MF_TOPONODE_MAJORTYPE) for more information. %0

I would love to call the OutputNode function, but can not find what value "MF_TOPONODE_MAJORTYPE" is

Monday, November 29, 2010 4:46 AM

All replies

• It should read MF_TOPONODE_ERROR_MAJORTYPE. To get this value you could write something along those lines:

IMFTopologyNode* pNode = ...;
    GUID guidMajorType; 
    CHK( pNode->GetGUID( MF_TOPONODE_ERROR_MAJORTYPE, &guidMajorType ) );

Here is the list of topology node attributes (the error code and subtype are also available on the node): http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa369728%28VS.85%29.aspx

If you are trying to debug some code you might actually get more information about the error by running the app under MFTrace: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mf/archive/2010/09/09/analyzing-media-foundation-traces.aspx

Monday, November 29, 2010 5:21 PM
  • I would prefer keeping it on the forum so that everyone can benefit from the info. Could you describe what you are trying to do / how things are failing?

Thanks,
    Matthieu

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 5:05 PM
  • We are seeing incredable amounts of tearing when having our systems connected to projectors that generally sync at 59.94 hz.

This is with all differnt resolutions and frame rates of WM files.

Our systems have two video cards, with the primary being connected to a a standard LCD for control through VGA (at 60hz), and the other connected to the projector through DVI.

It seems to get better when the projector is the primary, but that is not a good solution for us, and the tearing still happens.

I have read that the D3D PresentationInterval in the default presenter is set to either immediate, or to Default.  So I was writting a custom EVR presenter to try and set the to be One, forcing it to sync.

I would like to use the satandard presenter as much as possible, and really just override the D3D stuff, but I am not sure I can do just that, without the scheduling part also.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 6:11 PM
  • I am not familiar with that kind of issues so I forwarded your question internally. I will post back when I get an answer.
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 5:41 PM
  • Is the Desktop Window Manager (DWM) on? The DWM synchronizes on the primary monitor, so that would explain the tearing you are seeing on the secondary monitor. Two workarounds are to either turn off DWM or set the projector as primary monitor (like you were doing).
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 8:54 PM