none
WCF ERROR: Could not load file or assembly Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.111.7.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a BT output file that uses polling that runs fine in DEV. After setting up the following on the QA Server:

- Install WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2 

- Install BizTalk Adapter Pack 2010 

- 11g client ODAC

If I run the same polling output file I get this error:

The Messaging Engine failed to add a receive location "WcfReceiveLocation_TEST" with URL "oracledb://testing.world/?PollingId=TEST" to the adapter "WCF-Custom". Reason: "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.111.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=123456f412347342' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.111.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=123456f412347342'

at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleDB.OracleDBBinding.Initialize()

at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleDB.OracleDBBinding.CreateBindingElements()

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CustomBinding.SafeCreateBindingElements(Binding binding)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.Binding.CanBuildChannelListener[TChannel](BindingParameterCollection parameters)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfUtils.IsQueuedReceive(Binding binding)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BtsServiceHostBase.InitializeRuntime()

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnBeginOpen()

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfReceiveEndpoint.Enable()

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfReceiveEndpoint..ctor(BizTalkEndpointContext endpointContext, IBTTransportProxy transportProxy, ControlledTermination control)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfReceiver`2.AddReceiveEndpoint(String url, IPropertyBag adapterConfig, IPropertyBag bizTalkConfig)

Any ideas on what might be going wrong here?

Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:35 PM

Answers

• You have to take care what version of ODAC you installed (exactly). Check what version of Oracle.DataAccess.dll is located in you GAC (32 or 64 bit, according to the type of host instance the port is running on). I personally would prefer running Oracle in 32bit.

If the version does not match exactly, you can use the BindingRedirect (read more here: http://i.evolved.cc/oracle-dataaccess-use-a-different-version/). It's not a 100% clean solution, but maybe better than finding the right ODAC version on the Oracle website.

If you like my post or consider it as a valid answer, please use the buttons to show me - Oliver

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional for BizTalk Server
    http://i.evolved.cc

Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:53 AM

All replies

• Anyone?
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 7:52 PM
  • Did you check for the availability of assembly and mentioned version on the QA box?

Monday, January 9, 2012 6:29 AM
  • Hi,

According to the error information, it is mostly like Oracle.DataAccess.dll is not registered in GAC. Check GAC to see if the dll is correctly added. Also ensure you have installed correct version of ODAC(32/64 bit).

Please let me know if you are still facing this issue.

Thanks

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com. Microsoft One Code Framework
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:49 AM
  • You have to take care what version of ODAC you installed (exactly). Check what version of Oracle.DataAccess.dll is located in you GAC (32 or 64 bit, according to the type of host instance the port is running on). I personally would prefer running Oracle in 32bit.

If the version does not match exactly, you can use the BindingRedirect (read more here: http://i.evolved.cc/oracle-dataaccess-use-a-different-version/). It's not a 100% clean solution, but maybe better than finding the right ODAC version on the Oracle website.

If you like my post or consider it as a valid answer, please use the buttons to show me - Oliver

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional for BizTalk Server
    http://i.evolved.cc

Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:53 AM
  • I had similar issue in the past. When I installed the same version of ODAC (Oracla.DataAccess DLL) in QA as in my development environment, the problem was resolved.  Did you check the version in both environments?
    SRG
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:27 PM