Professional vs Express version RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know the difference between VS 2012 Express and VS 2012 Professional.

In short, VS 2012 Professional starts at $499.

I would like to know what i pay for the professional.

Your information is great appreciated,

Regards,

Sourises,

Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:09 PM

Answers

• Hi sourises,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I’m sorry for failed to find a document to describe the version compared with Professional and Express version.

As VS2012 expression version is different with the expression version before. Instead of separating with the language, it separate with different styles of application. The first different is the Professional version contains all of the styles of application.

It also provides parts of team fundation server, develop and test tools, and other things. Here is some information about compare with different purchase versions, and you can check this link to find the features in professor version: http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/products/compare

Hope this helps.

Mark Liu-lxf [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by sourises Monday, October 8, 2012 2:37 PM
    Monday, October 8, 2012 9:11 AM

All replies

• Hi sourises,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I’m sorry for failed to find a document to describe the version compared with Professional and Express version.

As VS2012 expression version is different with the expression version before. Instead of separating with the language, it separate with different styles of application. The first different is the Professional version contains all of the styles of application.

It also provides parts of team fundation server, develop and test tools, and other things. Here is some information about compare with different purchase versions, and you can check this link to find the features in professor version: http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/products/compare

Hope this helps.

Mark Liu-lxf [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by sourises Monday, October 8, 2012 2:37 PM
    Monday, October 8, 2012 9:11 AM
  • Thanks for the message and help,

Regards,

Sourises,

Monday, October 8, 2012 2:38 PM