Why is there no way to test the pen mode on the simulator?

Question

• This is a major problem!  Why is there no way to test the pen mode on the simulator?  This seems like it should be one of the main features!  I only have my desktop system and a Surface RT and don't have a tablet with a pen to test this on.

Just saying it should be there.  This has really cost my apps major bucks and ratings!!!  :( 

I specifically stated in the tester notes: 

"Please test this with the Surface Pro or other pen input system as I have only tested this on a Surface RT.  Not the pressure sensitivity as it does not support pressure sensitivity but just that the pen input works as it should like the mouse sort of. "

It's like the testers didn't even read this.  My customers that have emailed me, many, are telling me it crashes immediately when the pen is used.  Really frustrated with this whole process.

SB Software Developer

Saturday, June 15, 2013 8:58 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the suggestion.

In the meantime you might look into an external pen tablet. I believe there are several available fairly inexpensively.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Sacha Bwin Sunday, June 16, 2013 11:50 PM
    Sunday, June 16, 2013 6:22 AM

All replies

• Thanks for the suggestion.

In the meantime you might look into an external pen tablet. I believe there are several available fairly inexpensively.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Sacha Bwin Sunday, June 16, 2013 11:50 PM
    Sunday, June 16, 2013 6:22 AM
  • Thanks, yeah had to order one last week so it should be here tomorrow.

SB Software Developer

• Edited by Sacha Bwin Monday, June 17, 2013 12:04 AM
    Sunday, June 16, 2013 11:50 PM
  • It literally took me 5 minutes to fix this bug after I received my Surface Pro and tested my app.  It would have been nice to have pen mode in the simulator so I could have done it without having to purchase anything.    (Even though I am very happy to have a Surface Pro now!)

SB Software Developer

• Edited by Sacha Bwin Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:35 AM surface pro
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:07 AM