Passing a parameter from one form to another form. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to pass a parameter from one form to another form, return the parameter to the calling form. How can I accomplish this in C#?

I want like this:

from a form controls, e.g. textbox or command button, I want to invoke another form with a parameter, in Visual Foxpro, I can code it like do form frmList with x , and at the frmList Init event, I just put code like parameters x, If I want the value to be return to the calling form, I'll just put a code on frmList Unload event like Return x.

What is the equivalent method/ events of a C# form for Init and Unload events of a Visual Foxpro form?

TIA.

Friday, May 12, 2006 3:38 AM

Answers

• You can set up delgates between the forms so that an event in one form calls a method in another.  The forms have a Load and Close event which you can use, if you need to.  To pass data in, you can also pass it to the constructor, or via a property.

Friday, May 12, 2006 3:43 AM

All replies

• You can set up delgates between the forms so that an event in one form calls a method in another.  The forms have a Load and Close event which you can use, if you need to.  To pass data in, you can also pass it to the constructor, or via a property.

Friday, May 12, 2006 3:43 AM
  • Can you show me please?

Your saying that in a C# form, methods like:

Load- can accept a parameter pass from one form, can I use it but how?

Close - can return a parameter to the calling form.

Are this C# method the equivalent methods a VFP form Init & Unload method?

Again, Visual Foxpro has these methods:

Init - Occurs when an object is created, where you can put some initialization.

Unload - Occurs when an object is released.

Load - Ocurrs just before an object is created.

Destroy - Occurs when an object is released.

Thanks.

Friday, May 12, 2006 4:44 AM
  • Can you please explain yourself. I have the same problem and I cannot understand what exactly do I have to do. Thanks
    Monday, December 11, 2006 10:29 PM