none
AS2/EDI Parties Setup RRS feed

• Question

• I have to setup 2 different parties in Biztalk for AS2 communication .....

i have the same ISA id for my company but the two parties have different ISAs  ids .....they  are completely different  vendors ....

My AS2 name is .....121879...

and t he parties  AS2  ids are  Tech1 and Tech4

How do you think i should setup the AS2 at my end ....

shall i create two parties and then put my AS2 Id inside it but there is goin to be a conflict ...in ISA and the AS2 ...

The previous posts i read in which it was said collect the files through AS2 and then resolve the EDIs ....separately ...

What is the recommended method ...i could not find any solution to it ...

Thanks ..

Thursday, April 29, 2010 4:25 AM

Answers

• I am a little confused about where the party settings conflict is occuring.

But if you run into a party configuration conflict then instead of using the As2Receive or As2EdiReceive pipelines, use a custom pipeline that has the As2 receive component but have a custom pipeline component to change the value of the inbound AS2 headers and fields to a different value so that the party resolution goes to a different party.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Friday, April 30, 2010 2:15 AM
  • Usher,

You actually have to set up Party AS2 Properties for three parties, one for each trading partner and one for yourself. You'll also setup three AS2 ports, one receive port for yourself and two send ports (one for each partner).  BizTalk will take care of the message routings based on the EDI and AS2 settings for the trading partners.

The technique of separating the AS2 and EDI processing into separate ports gives you more flexibillity in sending and receiving EDI and non-EDI files over AS2, or sending files for multiple trading partners to a single AS2 URL (for instance, to a trading partner that has multiple sender/receiver IDs).

If your company is setting up BizTalk EDIINT for the first time, I am available if you want to bring someone in to guide you through the process.

Friday, April 30, 2010 6:01 PM

All replies

• I am a little confused about where the party settings conflict is occuring.

But if you run into a party configuration conflict then instead of using the As2Receive or As2EdiReceive pipelines, use a custom pipeline that has the As2 receive component but have a custom pipeline component to change the value of the inbound AS2 headers and fields to a different value so that the party resolution goes to a different party.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Friday, April 30, 2010 2:15 AM
  • Usher,

You actually have to set up Party AS2 Properties for three parties, one for each trading partner and one for yourself. You'll also setup three AS2 ports, one receive port for yourself and two send ports (one for each partner).  BizTalk will take care of the message routings based on the EDI and AS2 settings for the trading partners.

The technique of separating the AS2 and EDI processing into separate ports gives you more flexibillity in sending and receiving EDI and non-EDI files over AS2, or sending files for multiple trading partners to a single AS2 URL (for instance, to a trading partner that has multiple sender/receiver IDs).

If your company is setting up BizTalk EDIINT for the first time, I am available if you want to bring someone in to guide you through the process.

Friday, April 30, 2010 6:01 PM