Tile image sizes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys.

Does anyone know where I can find the expected image size for the different types of notification templates? Till now, I've only managed to get this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh781198.aspx

But what I want to know is the size reserved for each image in each different notification template. ist this info available?

thanks

Luis Abreu

Friday, April 20, 2012 2:48 PM

Answers

• Joseph is correct and we have no futher documentation for this at this time.  The system will resize the image depending on the resolution of the display.  There is a request to provide more information on this however!

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:52 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You are looking in the right place. For 100% images the size should be: 310 x 150 for wide tiles and 150 x 150 for square tiles. For your application to be portable to any display sizes however you should also provide assets for 140% and 180%.

Please read the following document too, as it may clarify things as well:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh831183.aspx

Thank You,

-Joseph

• Proposed as answer by Joseph Viola Friday, April 20, 2012 4:23 PM
    Friday, April 20, 2012 4:23 PM
  • Hello Joseph.

I'm not asking about the predefined tiles, so, just to be sure, are you saying that all images used in notification sent to wide logos should be 310x150?

thanks.

Luis Abreu

Friday, April 20, 2012 7:58 PM
  • Hello,

The documentation states that the maximum size for an image to be sent in a tile is 800x800 and the max file size is 150kb.

I have tried it and when applied to a wide tile the 800x800 bitmap is cropped vertically, but for square tile it is fully shown.

If you want to use a wide image that is 800 pixel wide you can calculate the proportion, if you know that a wide tile is normally 310x150 it will become 800x387.

Hope this clarify things,

-Joseph

• Proposed as answer by Joseph Viola Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:19 AM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:14 AM
  • Hello again.

That information is useful if you only think about the predefined tiles. Lets think about a concrete scenario. What are the sizes for the images used in a TileWideImageCollection (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh761491.aspx#TileWideImageCollection)? I don't want to crop my images, so I really need to know the sizes...

thanks.

Luis Abreu

Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:43 AM
  • Joseph is correct and we have no futher documentation for this at this time.  The system will resize the image depending on the resolution of the display.  There is a request to provide more information on this however!

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:52 PM
  • Hello Jeff.

Well, I really hope there's more info about this. There's no reason for not having the expected size of the images used in each tile template in the docs...

thanks

Luis Abreu

Friday, April 27, 2012 7:39 AM