none
SAP WCF Custom port gives error Error details: System.BadImageFormatException: is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1) when calling RFC RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am moving to a production machine and preparing the server. Tried connecting to the production SAP server and testing out the RFC call and got this error (without getting any reply). Any idea what this means?

A message sent to adapter "WCF-Custom" on send port "ZCRM_BILLUP_Rfc_Send" with URI "sap://CLIENT=xxx;LANG=EN;@a/xxxxxxxxxx/00?RfcSdkTrace=False&AbapDebug=False" is suspended.

Error details: System.BadImageFormatException: is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)

at Microsoft.Adapters.SAP.SAPBinding.CreateBindingElements()

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CustomBinding..ctor(Binding binding)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.Binding.CanBuildChannelFactory[TChannel](BindingParameterCollection parameters)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfUtils.IsQueuedSend(Binding binding)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2.InitializeValues(IBaseMessage message)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2..ctor(IBaseMessage message, WcfTransmitter`2 transmitter)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfTransmitter`2.GetClientFromCache(String spid, IBaseMessage message)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfAsyncBatch`2.BatchWorker(List`1 messages)

MessageId: {F099CCF3-B78D-454D-A8CB-165B91C37233}

InstanceID: {CE1E7909-D6C0-4398-8021-026721C5ADC4}

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:49 PM

All replies

• Sounds to me like maybe the 64-bit SAP DLLs are registered on a 32-bit box. Or maybe the 64-bit version of the BizTalk RFC is on a 32-bit box. This is just a guess. i know that the file names are the same and it would be easy to confuse which one is which.

Or maybe the 64-bit adapter pack is installed but not the 32-bit adapter pack. You should install both versions on a 64-bit box.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:12 PM