DAO? Installing Access 2010 Runtime (Pre-Req for SSMA Access) stops the Access 03 DB from working RRS feed

• Question

• DAO? Installing Access 2010 Runtime (Pre-Req for SSMA Access) stops the Access 03 DB from working

Hi, Does anyone know how to solve this?

Sumary of problems:

I am running Windows 7 (x64) and SQL Server 08 R2 and Access 2003.

I got around the 64 bit/32 bit problem by running the 32 bit version of SSMA (although it still has other errors which I am looking at now) but the Access db does not work after I install the 2010 Runtime (DAO required as a prerequisite to run SSMA Access).

1) The DAO object is difficult to find but I assume installing the 'Access 2010 Runtime' file is the only solution available?

2) Once these items are installed the Access db does not work and produces several errors when certain buttons are pressed saying this 'Object or Class does not support the set of events'.  To solve this, I tried going into the references and deselecting 'Microsoft 14 Object Library' but get the message 'Cant remove the control or reference; in use'.  The only way I could get the db/app working again was to uninstall the migration assistant and the Access 10 Runtime file.  Then it went back to working fine.

Conclusion

Not giving up with this!  It looks like a great tool which I will use many times if I get it working. so:

1) Is Access 2010 Runtime the only possible option for the required prerequisite DAO for SSMA Access?

2) Otherwise, once I install the Access 10 Runtime necessary to install the Migration tool, how do I get the Access 03 db to work again?

Many thanks for answers to any of this.

Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:35 PM

All replies