none
"You don't have permissions to use this add-in..." error when opening add-in from Office Store: RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

A while ago I started to get "You don't have permissions to use this add-in. Contact your system administrator to request access." error when I open some of the add-ins installed from Office Store. I get the error for both mine and others add-ins.

For instance, at the moment I can not open one of mine: https://store.office.com/en-001/xltools-net-sql-queries-WA104362941.aspx

As well as one developed by Microsoft: https://store.office.com/people-graph-WA104104476.aspx

Here is the error I get:

I use my outlook.com account and I am the administrator of the domain. I have no idea where is the place where I can give myself access to these add-ins. It is especially strange that it is working for some add-ins and does not for others. I can not figure out the logic why it does so.

How can I resolve this problem?

Friday, April 22, 2016 6:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Peter,

What is your Office version?

I made a test with both add ins by test outlook.com account, but I failed to reproduce your issue. I suggest you check your log-in account. I suggest you re-sign your account, and re-add this add –in. In addition, I suggest you test both add in in other pcs.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 25, 2016 2:01 AM
  • Hi Edward,

My Office version is 16.0.6001.1073 64-bit. I tried to re-sign - did not help. I wanted to try to remove the add-ins and found another bug "We were unable to remove <add-in name>. Try again in a few seconds":

I have tried many times.

Yes, the add-ins work under the different account. But I would like to know what is the problem with my existing account and how to resolve it. I company develop these apps for Office and I would like to know what to answer to my customers if they have the same problem.

How can we resolve it? If you need any additional info I am happy to provide it. We may also organize video session if someone from MS would like to see the problem.

Monday, April 25, 2016 12:07 PM
  • Hi Peter,

If you sign out all the account, and insert this add in, could it work?

If you create a new Excel document, and sign in your account, could you insert this add in? If you could, I assume your original excel file is corrupt.

I am not able to reproduce your issue at my side, if this is an urgent issue, I will suggest you contacting the Microsoft professional support so that our engineers can work closely with you to troubleshoot this issue.

If the support engineer determines that the issue is the result of a bug the service request will be a no-charge case and you won't be charged. Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 6:45 AM