ADFv2 Debug run output window not refreshing RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

Azure Data Factory v2, Source Azure SQL db, Sink Azure SQL db

I have a pipeline that loops through some tables on my instance 01 on Azure SQL db inserting the content of them in my instance 02 on Azure SQL database. I'm running the pipeline in debug mode to test various scenarios as the tables have different content and formats. When running in debug mode, I'm facing quite frequently that the output stops refreshing although the pipeline is still running in the background(I can confirm from the insertions on the tables as well as from my logging).

Id does inform when the pipeline finishes running of success or failure but if there's a failure after the UI stopped refreshing I can't really debug properly. I have some information in my logging table but that's it.

Any ideas/recommendations??

Thanks 

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:58 AM

All replies

• Hello Dansousa and thank you for your question.  If your debug run takes more than 5 minutes, you must manually press the refresh button.

Is this the issue you were having, or was there more?

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 6:56 PM
  • Hi,

I know this has been a long time but I'm not too sure it's being resolver.

But what you suggested was not the issue.

The problem was that at some point either the log was not being recorded or displayed on the screen. The pipeline would continue running and because I had a logging mechanism I could see that things were happening but in the front end, it would not update the tasks that were being executed.

Thursday, September 26, 2019 6:28 PM

• The problem was that at some point either the log was not being recorded or displayed on the screen. The pipeline would continue running and because I had a logging mechanism I could see that things were happening but in the front end, it would not update the tasks that were being executed.

It happens even now. 

When I run a pipeline having 3 tasks, it shows that first task is running and I somehow think that it is stuck but when I refresh after some time - all 3 tasks are succeeded.

So the UI doesn't refresh that quickly sometimes and we need to refresh it manually.

Cheers
    Vaibhav
    MCSA (SQL Server 2014)

Thursday, September 26, 2019 7:02 PM
  • I am confused.  Are you saying you built something to watch the computer screen for updates?

If you are looking for logging, I can look into that.  As it is, I am confused about what I can do to help.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 1:10 AM