high contrast problems

Question

• after looking at high contrast I'm starting to get problems all over with it now

before when ever I restart/shutdown, once on reboot high contrast turns back on no matter what.

Now high contrast shows off yet everything I open or pops up is in high contrast my search bars, pop up's, some windows I open,

it's like anything I open up automatically goes into high contrast. Something is really wrong with it I don't know if its just me or if anyone is having issues with it also but its really bugging me now

Saturday, October 8, 2011 11:15 PM

Answers

• I found the problem the issue is the win 8 basic theme I looked up some threads of people who had this issue in win 7 they solved it by changing theme so I changed my win 8 basic theme to my win 7 halo theme I had on before and its all gone high contrast is off now its not turning on and its great

if a Microsoft employee see's this you need to fix the theme that comes with win 8 it's causing problems with the high contrast mode

Sunday, October 9, 2011 8:34 PM

All replies

• I had similar issues after trying out the high contrast mode, it was like half of W8 hadn't realised I'd turned it off. A random series of reboots and turning it on/off a few times seemed to cure it. Sorry I can't be more specific as to what action cured the problem but I really have no idea which one finally did the trick.
    Acer W500 tablet Ageing HP laptop Too much apple stuff
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 11:49 AM
  • I found the problem the issue is the win 8 basic theme I looked up some threads of people who had this issue in win 7 they solved it by changing theme so I changed my win 8 basic theme to my win 7 halo theme I had on before and its all gone high contrast is off now its not turning on and its great

if a Microsoft employee see's this you need to fix the theme that comes with win 8 it's causing problems with the high contrast mode

Sunday, October 9, 2011 8:34 PM
  • Thank you for posting your feedback, we want to make sure we get the right info including your log files.  Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Marilyn
    Monday, October 10, 2011 2:53 AM