Storage Account in region germany west central not deployable RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to deploy a storage account into the germany west central region. Eventhough the availability of this service should be supported according to the service availibility documentation: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/global-infrastructure/services/?products=storage

ErrorMessage:

{"code":"LocationNotAvailableForResourceType","message":"The provided location 'germanywestcentral' is not available for resource type 'Microsoft.Storage/storageAccounts'. List of available regions for the resource type is 'eastus,eastus2,westus,westeurope,eastasia,southeastasia,japaneast,japanwest,northcentralus,southcentralus,centralus,northeurope,brazilsouth,australiaeast,australiasoutheast,southindia,centralindia,westindia,canadaeast,canadacentral,westus2,westcentralus,uksouth,ukwest,koreacentral,koreasouth,francecentral,australiacentral,southafricanorth,uaenorth'."}

I know it's not in the list, but should be available according to the documentation.

What's the reason, am I missing anything?

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 3:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Soren, 

I escalated the matter internally, it can be reproduced including via Portal. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear from the internal team. 

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 11:37 PM
  • Thanks Adam, I'm looking forward to a solution.
    Wednesday, September 25, 2019 2:16 PM
  • I have the same error.
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 8:17 AM
  • Hi Soren, 

Please file a request to be able to deploy in the Germany West Central here: https://ms.portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_Azure_Support/HelpAndSupportBlade/newsupportrequest Using the following option, once you are added to the exception, you 'll be able to create resources in that region:

Friday, October 11, 2019 5:55 PM
  • Hi PhoenixUA, please follow the provided instructions i just posted, it's still a restricted region, it needs specific requests to allow customers to use it. 

Thanks,

Adam

Friday, October 11, 2019 5:56 PM
  • Thank you Adam, I will do that.
    Friday, October 18, 2019 11:17 AM