none
How do I send messages between projects

Question

• I have a three project solution. I need to send a unique code from one to another.  I am presently using my own messaging 

technique to accomplish this through the file system.  It is prone to many problems and I know there must be a  better way.  I obtained a method for messaging between pages of a single project but combining the three projects into one is difficult for me though feasible.

eps123

Friday, April 29, 2016 3:15 PM

Answers

• Hi eps123,

Could you please tell us the detailed information about that three projects? For example, what's the project type, which project send the unique code and which one receive the code?

There are several ways to pass values between projects, such as Interface, WCF, global variable and so on. It is based on the relationship between your projects and what's the value.

Following link is introduce passing values between multiple projects using Interface. Please refer to this article. Hope it can help you.

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/452895/Passing-Values-Between-Multiple-Projects-using-Int

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 02, 2016 5:47 AM

All replies

• Hi eps123,

Could you please tell us the detailed information about that three projects? For example, what's the project type, which project send the unique code and which one receive the code?

There are several ways to pass values between projects, such as Interface, WCF, global variable and so on. It is based on the relationship between your projects and what's the value.

Following link is introduce passing values between multiple projects using Interface. Please refer to this article. Hope it can help you.

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/452895/Passing-Values-Between-Multiple-Projects-using-Int

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 02, 2016 5:47 AM
  • I guess I need more education in order to ask intelligent questions. I don't know what you mean by type project. My three projects are simple forms that a user interacts with. In my case, any project merely needs a user id number that is associated with the user who called it. I have generalized the issue to be a process id which I obtain when any user logs in to my site.  My home-grown system still needs to send out a process-id code (by the caller) and a receiver can obtain all the information he needs to execute his code.   There has to be a better way of doing it than what I am doing.

eps123

Friday, May 27, 2016 4:05 PM