How to create a single XML File When received multiple ST/SE Segment in a Single EDI files. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am converting the EDI file to XML. I receive ST/SE (Transaction Segment) multiple time in a Single File. So, as a result i get multiple XML files in the Output folder. Now, i want that for multiple ST/SE (Transaction segment) only single XML file should created. How can i achieve this?

Thanks in Advance

Gagz

Saturday, January 10, 2015 4:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• You need to Preserve a Received Batched EDI Interchange.

Refer the link.

Rachit

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Saturday, January 10, 2015 5:03 AM
  • Hi Rachit,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please provide any example with using orchestration how i can preserve the interchange.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:03 AM
  • You can't preserve the interchange but EDI batch can be generated by using a built in Orchestration Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.BatchingOrchestration.BatchingService available in BizTalk EDI Application.

Refer: All you need to know about Outbound EDI Batching

Sending Batched EDI Interchanges

The documentation provided in the link is pretty complete Batching Outgoing EDI Messages

Rachit

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:22 AM
  • Hi,

What do you mean by preserving an interchange using orchestration? Think you are confusing things, the interchange is preserved while receiving the batch and only one XML file is published to the message box. Can you elaborate more on what the issue is here.

Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 11:35 AM
  • Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:32 PM
  • Can you please provide any example with using orchestration how i can preserve the interchange.
    For clarity, you would not do this.  Preserve Interchange works in the Pipeline but you can handle the Message in an Orchestration, just like any other Message.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:37 PM
  • Hi,

I'm already using the Orchestration for other tasks. So i already have orchestration for this.

How can use orchestration for this?

Thanks

Friday, January 16, 2015 12:25 PM
  • Hi,

How are you receiving the file?

Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.

Friday, January 16, 2015 2:10 PM
  • I'm already using the Orchestration for other tasks. So i already have orchestration for this.

How can use orchestration for this?

Sorry, but it doesn't matter.  Preserve Interchange is a feature of the EDI Disassembler which means you have to accommodate it in the Pipeline.

You will have to redesign the process for that.

Friday, January 16, 2015 3:03 PM