none
Thinking about linking in Unity Development in a Flowchart Programming Application

Question

• Hello,

I just wondered if I referenced some of the dlls that are in the Unity folder, would I be able to add functionality of creating and developing unity projects through a FlowCharting Programming aplication I am planning of making for my BSC qualification?

I only just came up with this idea and wondered is it possible as we all know you can make solutions using the DTE in VS for standard things such as WPF, but I though it would be great to have 3D support as well!

With Many Thanks,

Jennifer Neul.

Monday, September 26, 2016 6:28 PM

Answers

• Yes Sure here is the link Unity command line arguments

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html

And my implementation of it:

// Prepare the process to run
    ProcessStartInfo start = new ProcessStartInfo();
    // Enter the executable to run, including the complete path
    start.FileName = "C:\\Program Files\\Unity\\Editor\\Unity.exe";
    // Enter in the command line arguments, everything you would enter after the executable name itself
    start.Arguments = "-createProject " + SetupProject.UnityProjectFile; //you need to change SetupProject.UnityProjectFile to the project path you wish to create
    // Do you want to show a console window?
                    start.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden;
                    start.CreateNoWindow = true;

// Run the external process
    System.Diagnostics.Process proc = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(start);

With many Thanks

Jennifer Neul

• Marked as answer by JNeul Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:55 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:54 AM

All replies

• Hi JNeul,

Thanks for your posting.

According to your description, if VS has implemented your idea, I think which could make us hand code more easily. Through Visual Studio has not this function so far, but I think all engineers are try their best to make us code more efficient and convenient.

If you have a good idea, you could submit your idea to User Voice with the following link, I think engineers will evaluate your suggestion seriously.

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-2015/filters/hot

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:19 AM
  • Hi,

I have found a way to launch unity and get it to make a project through VS 2015, so I already got my answer.

The next step is to give it functionality to program using flowcharts, at the moment I am working on the Editor class as is essential for viewing / editing code.

So I am now closing this anyway, thank you for your suggestion.

With Many Thanks

Jennifer Neul

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:19 AM
  • Hi Jennifer Neul,

Glad to know that you have resolved this issue. Would you please share your solution here and mark your reply as the answer? So it would be helpful for other members who meet the same issue as yours.
    Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
    Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:24 AM
  • Yes Sure here is the link Unity command line arguments

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html

And my implementation of it:

// Prepare the process to run
    ProcessStartInfo start = new ProcessStartInfo();
    // Enter the executable to run, including the complete path
    start.FileName = "C:\\Program Files\\Unity\\Editor\\Unity.exe";
    // Enter in the command line arguments, everything you would enter after the executable name itself
    start.Arguments = "-createProject " + SetupProject.UnityProjectFile; //you need to change SetupProject.UnityProjectFile to the project path you wish to create
    // Do you want to show a console window?
                    start.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden;
                    start.CreateNoWindow = true;

// Run the external process
    System.Diagnostics.Process proc = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(start);

With many Thanks

Jennifer Neul

• Marked as answer by JNeul Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:55 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:54 AM